Monday, October 20, 2008

Learn five Japanese Greetings

G'day, thanks for joining me again.

Learning a language is just the same as forming a good habit, make it part of your routine and it comes easily. I'm lucky enough to have a daily habit, which involves me waking up with my family who speak Japanese. In fact we all speak Japanese at home.

You can create this same kind of environment for yourself however if you just set aside the time to follow through with a few basic greetings whenever you get the chance. 

Learn how to punctuate your day with these common Japanese Greetings. Watch the video below and follow the captioning. When it's over a transcript of some of the words used appears at the bottom of the post.



おはようございます
ohayougozaimasu
good morning


こんにちは
konnichiwa
hello

いただきます
itadakimasu
(I) receive

ごちそうさま(でした)
gochisousama
thanks for the meal

おやすみ
oyasumi
good night
blog comments powered by Disqus